These Vannamei prawns are as similar to the white gulf shrimp used by restaurants in New Orleans. They have a sweet and aromatic flavour. Ours are delivered to us by London's finest fish supplier.
Cooking time: 7-10 minutes.
2 x Shrimp tail skewers
1 x Pot of herb ranch dressing
1 x Pot of lemon brioche crumbs
In the oven-
- Preheat the oven to 220c for 5 minutes, place the brochettes onto a baking tray lined with the square of baking parchment provided. Put into the hot oven & cook for 4 minutes, turning the skewers over after 2 minutes to allow for even cooking throughout.
- After the 4 minutes, remove the tray, transfer the skewers to a plate and cover with another plate and leave for 2 minutes to rest and continue cooking.
- After resting, reheat the skewers for one more minute in the oven, remove back onto the resting plate and turn off the oven.
- Serve as suggested in the picture, spoon the buttermilk ranch over the skewers and sprinkle with the lemon brioche and enjoy
In a frying pan –
- Put the frying pan on a low to medium heat and insert the baking parchment provided in your order.
- Cook the skewers on top of the parchment, on medium to low heat, the oil on the skewers will be enough to lubricate the cooking surface. Turn regularly by flipping them with a spoon or using the bamboo skewer to turn.
- All sides should turn from grey (the natural colour of the raw meat) to a light pink/red. Cook for around 5-7 minutes until all sides are a little bit crispy.
- Rest the skewers for a few minutes on a plate, then flash them again in the pan before serving.
- Serve as suggested in the picture, spoon the buttermilk ranch over the skewers and sprinkle with the lemon brioche and enjoy.
Please note - These shrimps were prepared by our chefs today, so their shelf life, like all seafoods should be 1 day, as in, consumed today, but once cooked you have 1 more day to consume.
Allergens: crustaceans, milk, eggs, cereals containing gluten